Repairing Photoshop corrupt layers
One day I was working from almost three hours on a composite photo having seven different images and I turned off the system thinking to finish the remaining work after having lunch. I saved this file in PSD file format since it contains 13 layers. When I return back on work the PSD was not opening. This really makes me aggressive since the layers are corrupted in PSD file. I have spent lot of time on this work; can anyone suggest me how to perform corrupt Photoshop layer repair and access images once again?
This is not a big issue since anyone may come across this situation when working on PSD file images. You can repair Photoshop corrupt layers by using a powerful utility known as PSD file repair software. This is a most advanced PSD file repair tool, which gives the repaired image in the original format. If you are getting error like "problem reading the layers data" when accessing Photoshop file, then the way to fix this error using software is given here - psdfilerepair.com/fix-photoshop-file-problem-reading-layers-data.
Reasons for Photoshop layers corruption
Virus Infection: Many times the PSD files stored on your computer may get damage due to harmful viruses.
Disk Error: Sometimes you will become unable to work with Photoshop files due to disk errors. Your PSD file may get damage and possibly the error like “unknown file format” may be displayed while working on Photoshop file.
Network Errors: There is a chance to cause Photoshop layers corruption in PSD file if it is saved while working on network.
Source file corruption: Improper use of adobe Photoshop application may cause source file damage. Then you will become unable to open all PSD files.
Other reasons: Power surge, terminating Adobe Photoshop application abruptly, system crash while accessing PSD files, etc.
If you want to perform repairing Photoshop corrupt layers, then you can use PSD file repair software. This software is capable to repair Photoshop corrupt layers, irrespective of reasons. Using this software, one can repair broken PSD file on Windows system.
Best features of PSD Photoshop file repair utility
- Capable to fix errors in PSD file having 1, 8, 16 and 32 bit channels
- Supports to fix PSD Photoshop files which are compressed using any compression technique
- Compatible with performing corrupt Photoshop layer repair created by using Adobe Photoshop 5.5, 6.0, 7.0, CS, CS2, CS3, CS7 and CS5 versions. To repair PSD CS4 file, one can get more information from the website - http://www.psdfilerepair.com/cs4.html.
- It will scan corrupt PSD Photoshop layers deeply and fixes the same
- It has user-friendly and self-descriptive graphical user interface
- Provide the preview of repaired files before saving on any storage media
- It can also repair Adobe Photoshop CS6 files that is corrupted or damaged due to various reasons
You can also work with free demo version of this software, to check the software capability to repair corrupted Photoshop layers. By executing demo version on your computer, you can get the preview of repaired files. If you have satisfied with this result, then you can save repaired Photoshop file by using full version of the software. If you want to repair PSD file on Mac, then you can get version of this software at - psdfilerepair.com/mac.html.
Tips to avoid Photoshop layer corruption
- Before going to edit any PSD file make sure that you have created its backup
- Don’t edit PSD file on your system whenever there is a power fluctuation
- Always use quality antivirus tool on your computer
Procedure to repair Photoshop corrupt layers
Step1: First download and install PSD file repair software on your computer.
Step2: Now select PSD file that you want to repair and click on “Repair” button as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1. Main Screen
Step3: Once the corrupt PSD file layers are repaired successfully, then you can use “Preview” option to view fixed file before saving as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2. Preview File
Step4: You can select the desired location by using “Save” button, for saving the repaired PSD file as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3. Save File